Problem: Dead Power Wheels Battery
|6 Volt Blue Battery|
It's time to get a new battery. Batteries do wear out over time, but following these guidelines will help keep the battery working for as long as possible.
|12 Volt Gray Battery|
- Use Charger in dry locations only
- Keep battery charged to capacity
- Don't leave battery uncharged for long periods of time
- Never charge the battery longer than 30 hours
- Do not charge the battery partially, it shortens the life of the battery
- Disconnect battery from vehicle when vehicle is not in use
- When storing the battery for winter, charge battery to capacity, then store it in a dry place. Take the battery out once a month and recharge it to keep it in working condition.
- Battery should be charged 18 hours for the first time (should be charged before first use), and then 14 hours for each additional charge. For best results do not charge the battery longer than 18 hours, over 30 hours on the charger will damaged your battery.
Extra tips from Power Wheels:
- Never short-circuit the batteries.
- Examine the battery, charger and connectors for excessive wear or damage each time you charge your battery. If damage has occurred or excessive wear is detected, do not use the vehicle until you have replaced the worn or damaged part as it could result in a fire causing in injury or property damage.
- Examine the battery case for cracks of other damage which could cause acid to leak during the charging process. If damage is detected, do not charge or use. Contact your local service center for assistance.
- Please take precautions to protect the surface on which you charge your batteries. It is not recommended to charge on kitchen counter tops.
- Only adults should charge batteries. Never allow children to charge batteries.
- Carry the batteries by supporting the bottom and sides of battery case. Never lift or carry batteries by wires or connectors.
- Do not store batteries in extreme heat (85 degrees or higher) or extreme cold (-10 degrees or below) during snowy or rainy weather ,the vehicle should be stored inside or under a protective cover, remember to charge the batteries for 18 hours at least once a month while the vehicle is not in regular use.
Remember, here at The Mending Shed we are a Authorized Power Wheels service center, and can help you with all of your repair or warranty needs.
The Mending Shed