Friday, September 23, 2011

Blender Repair

When a blender breaks is it time to buy a new one or can it be repaired?

Blenders take a beating by occupation, although there are ways to avoid damaging your blender something may eventually need to be replaced. Depending on what is broken and the kind of blender you have it can most likely be repaired saving you money and the headache of shopping around for a new one.

Is it Under Warranty?
If your blender breaks look at the warranty, if it is still valid it may be worth while to have the manufacturer take care of the problem, especially if it is a Vitamix or a Blendtec blender. If the blender is under warranty don’t mess with it or the warranty may be considered void. Contact the company or an authorized service center.

KitchenAid Blade Assembly 
Available Replacement Parts
If the blender is not under warranty do some research online before you throw it away, find out if the manufacturer offers replacement parts. Brands like Oster, Hamilton Beach and KitchenAid all make replacement parts for their blenders that can be ordered online.

Some of the most common items that need replacing are the jar, gasket, blade assembly and drive coupling. These items are simple to replace with the exception of the KitchenAid blender drive coupling, for that part we made a video to show how to remove and replace it yourself.

If you have any question about blender repair our experienced technicians are happy to help, please give us a call. 800.339.9297

2 comments:

  1. I have a Hamilton Beach blender, red, bought in 1968. A few years ago, it developed a leak around the bottom. I called the company. The guy said I would have to mail it in, pay $20 for the O-ring and they would replace it and I would have to pay for postage back to me. This would be at least a $60 repair. I figured I could get the O-ring put in here. They refuse to sell me the piece for love nor money. Reason: I might break the glass container. If I do, what business is it of theirs. They insist they know the correct torque. The thing is, I had to agree not to hold them liable if they broke it. I offered to sign a release saying it was not their fault if I cut myself or anything else happened to me or the glass. That was 20 years ago. What recourse do I have now? I really want this one to work. I think that there are places here that can tighten this properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Practical Parsimony,

    With an older blender like that I recommend giving us a call. I don’t know if Hamilton Beach makes parts for your blender anymore or if the parts we have available will fit but it’s worth a try. If we have the right part available for purchase we can have it shipped to you.

    Call us at (800)339-9297 or our direct line (801)207-1974. We are open Monday-Friday between 7:30 AM and 5:00 PM mountain standard time. One of our experienced technicians would be happy to help.

    Please have your blender model number ready. We may need to know the diameter of the gasket so have the blender jar and a measuring tape nearby. Also, if you can tell us where exactly it’s leaking from, that may help us determine if we are looking at replacing the correct part.

    Thanks for posting your question.

    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete